Wednesday 11 February 2015

Take 5 sound 32 concept

I choose sound 32 because of the simple dripping water droplet sound. I thought it would be interesting if I can animate the sound that is visually different and unique. I think of using blue, curves and layers in order to mimic the texture of the sound.







I started with this illustration on the tripping sound, I like this because of the colours and the pattern. However, I think this is a bit too complicated and too much. I want to simplify it by simple lines and patterns.

The second attempt, I am not happy with this because it is not visually interesting and way to simple. The movement of the lines could be improved by introducing fluency and rhythmic pattern and possibly an effect that can represent the last note of the sound, which is to me very fairy-like and happy.


Hence, I design this which is a picture of the interpretation of the dripping sound. The descending movement represents the fall of the droplet and the curvy bits represent the splash. Lastly, the little flowers are the high pitch sound of the droplet. I am happy with the design and it is simple but very functional.What I need to consider is the position of these illustration and how they are going to represent different pitches or notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment