Thursday 12 February 2015

Sound 36 concept and development

I choose this sound because it is a funny and playful sound. Wobbly patterns, lips movements and messy lines are the first images I visualised and I want to go through this idea.


I decided to draw on paper to make a stop motion animation. After estimating the timing, I drew on paper using pen and try to capture the feeling of the sound as much as possible visually.



I was so stupid that I thought it would be a good result and apparently it is not. It is not visually interesting and nothing is presented through these boring materials. However, it is still an experience to teach me that never be lazy and take the task seriously and also I can take this animation further on.


I took the dull animation further onto photoshop. I traced the line on another layer using a bright orange colour and small brush which is supported by a muddy green background.


I really like the wobble-ness of the line and shape made by the line. I think it really suits the sound and sync well with it. However I am not sure about the choice of colour as I do not think they cooperate well together. It looks dull and strange as a finish product so I have tried out different colours. 



The secondary movement of the splashes are taken into account and here is the final illustration of the animation. It is changed in colour and rearrange frames so as to sync the sound better.





No comments:

Post a Comment