Wednesday 11 February 2015

Sound 24 concept and development

I choose sound 24 because it sounds like something drops into a can. I seldom come across this type of sound so it might be interesting to animate.

 Here are some initial design that did not work, I do not like them because they can not show much movement and not flexible when animating. The sound is quite crisp so I want to illustration to be sharp and easy to understand as well.



At last, I used ink to paint this picture. I used these patterns because they are unique and visualise the sound nicely. The straight lines represent the drop of the object and the curvy parts are the bouncing sound within the metal. The reason I used ink is because ink can be soft and strong simultaneously which is similar to the property of metal therefore it is an appropriate media to use.However, it is rather difficult to control the flow of ink and the quality of line so I decided to draw quickly in order to avoid shaky hands.


For the production part, I decided to animate it on paper because I want to experiment with different materials. Ink spreads beautifully on paper so I think I have made a correct choice. I trace the outline onto another paper and estimate the time and scale.



I added on sound with it but the animation and the sound are syncing perfectly and that is a problem I did not know how to solve. I have redrawn the animation but it does not work. It may due to the timing and spacing of the animation. Eventually, I attempted to add extra frames between the problem parts but it does not seem helping.






No comments:

Post a Comment