Friday 3 March 2017

[Extended Practice]Action test

It happens that I need to learn about the guns and other weapons the officers used at that time because there will be close ups and focus shots of hands and the guns. So without feeling like a criminal searching guns on google, I found out the guns they used at that time and actually found more reference of how to draw a gun and pose and such. 

I don't really know guns and drawing objects, I hope I could somehow finalise the gun without giving it too much details but at the same time show the difference between new guns and the guns at that time. I will emphasis the shape, the trigger and the handle possibly.


To hold a gun, one hand hold the handle firmly and another hand hold the bottom of the handle to stabilise.

A lot of videos demonstrate the mechanism of the pose for example what pose is the most effective and efficient when you have to draw the gun quickly. I think I could also get similar reference from films but understanding the basic of drawing a gun would be more useful because there might not have the exact angles in the movies for me to copy from. Also now I learn the pose I could draw it out myself. 

For this test, I want to quickly try out a drawing gun pose which copying exactly from reference. I noticed that the shoulders move a lot and the body slight tilts. There are only 2 frames to draw out the gun, making it a fast and strong pose. I repeat the first frame and the last frame a few times in order to achieve the authentic and roughy look. It can be improved by slightly better quality lines and improve the pose by making it 24 frames per sec or I can ask someone to act this out from me for better reference. Not sure if I will use this test in the animation but it is still worth trying out!



No comments:

Post a Comment