Thursday 23 March 2017

Callum and Hayley Collaboration








Hayley sent me some pictures of their sets and it looks so great! The atmosphere is built up so well with other little props and texturised so well. I am happy with the props I did because they sit so well in the set and matches the aesthetic they want especially the portraits and the fireplace. It is very happy to work with Hayley and Callum.  I learnt that referencing is very important especially in stop motion because every prop has a chance to interact with the character and will be very noticeable if the style are not matching. What is more, measuring the props in the puppet size is more difficult than I thought. I started at the time when the puppet still not yet done so I could only based the furniture on measurements from Hayley instead of testing the puppet. The chair turns out a bit small for the character and it can barely sit on it. Therefore it might be better if the puppet is made first and we can measure the actual character instead which would help producing preciser and functional props easily.  

No comments:

Post a Comment