Sunday 5 March 2017

H.P. Lovecraft animation Collaboration

I managed to keep collaborating with Callum and Hayley's group on their sets while focusing on my own project. They gave me the storyboard and mood boards so I can add more stuffs to their sets with the victorian styled furnitures. I was down London a couple of days and so I went to British museum and looked at furnitures at that time. 

I wrote down a few furnitures that we could add to the sets in order to improve the feel of victorian period like big old clock, typing machines, lamps and candles etc.
Look how beautiful the details are! I really want include such essences in the sets although everything is tiny.

I have been working in the stop motion room for a few days, painting Hayley's desk and chair. We decided to apply dark brown to mimic the antique look of Walnut/Rosewood. In order to improve the look, I apply a thin layer of glue on top to give it a shine coat as if it is waxed and well polished. I enjoy painting so much and it is essential to relax from my project. I could improve the furnitures by giving them more tones of colours, drawing wood patterns and add handles to the drawers which make it more realistic and divine.

Keep Painting!

So when I was home that night, I painted the chair and four little portraits by watercolour also made a cushion for the chair.
Love crafting so much! I love how I could use my crafting skills in animation and help others for their project. Luckily my painting skill is not rusty at all! Nevertheless, there are still quite a lot of props to make so keep working!

No comments:

Post a Comment