Sunday 5 March 2017

[Extended Practice]Animatic

I have finished the animatic! It is edited in Premiere which allows me to cut clips and sound tracks more effectively than AfterEffects and it took longer than I thought matching the voice recording with the images. What is the most difficult for my animation is to create the subtitle for it. 


I found that there are lots of problems in the grammar between Chinese and English. Not only talking about the meanings of words but also the order of the words. What I mean is for example: I go to school on Monday but in Chinese we could only say Monday I go to school. These kind of grammatical order affect the order of images... by which means the images might be differ from what the subtitle shows. I hesitate whether I should make a subtitle matches my Dad's speech or a subtitle matches the scenes... This is needed to be discussed with Mike and sort out who my target audiences are.

Original script


Corrected Script
Nevertheless, I asked Hayley if she could check my spelling and other grammatical mistakes and so she did and help a lot in finalising the script. There are a few sentences she swopped which will probably have a big different in the animation so this is what I need to rethink about the order of the images hence creating a more cohesive story.




No comments:

Post a Comment