Friday 3 March 2017

[Extended Practice]action test(2)


I am so unfamiliar with guns and I hate drawing machines... but it is impossible to avoid drawing guns in my animation so I could only force myself to do so. It is very difficult to draw the volume and texture of it and I always know that drawing 3D objects is my weakness. Nevertheless, I managed to sketch a gun according to photos and understanding more about the look and the parts of a gun. It is undoubtably that more practices are needed!

After combining a lot of reference, I finally have a character holding a gun, aiming. I try to animate a armed police. To be honest, it is not as difficult as I thought it would be. Looking at the mirror really helps. I like the quick move at the end which enhance the whole action and at the same time make a contrast between the anticipation at the beginning. I really satisfied with this test which would probably be used in the animation. 



I place the animation above scene 1 just as to have a quick overview of how things would look like in the animation.  I like the simple outline of the character but definitely need colouring because the character kind of disappear in the background. It will look better if the character is not see through. The 'shapes' I used in the character design could be edited later in after effects which improve the aesthetic and cohesion of the scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment