Sunday 5 March 2017

[Extended Practice]scene2(1)

I started animating the environment scenes using the experience on the first test and making them into 3D. Hopefully it will look good when the clips are sewed together and lead the audience to the crime scene as well as introducing Water Head Village.

I love this photo I took at Water Head Village so it is going to be referenced for scene2! There are a lot of traditional decorations shown in the photos like the red couplets, lanterns and temple. A narrow street is compacted with a bunch of traditions and information of HongKong therefore I want to include these elements in the animation.


However, like the problem I encountered before, it is impossible to create a narrow street full of details in 3D in After effects because the content will be stretched and blurred. Therefore I decided to give it more space as the details are more important. Similarly, I created the grids using 'Vanishing point' in Photoshop and building the environment according to the perspective which could avoid wrong ratio and other perspective problems. Additionally, I cut the red couplets from the photos and merge it with the drawings in order to embrace the collage aesthetic. It turns out brilliant with the brick wall and looks really authentic.



So this is the finished street view.... but it is a bit blank.

So I draw some bushes and placed it in front so when the camera zooming towards the end of the 3D room, there are more textures and layers to look at, increase the visual effects.



Here is the final look. I like the trees which block the way at the beginning. They also narrow down the street a little bit. However the colours are not so attractive and I think it it lacking of details. The 3D space is not built as good as the previous one however I could not figure out why... is it because of the shallow depth? or the length of the 'walls'? I tried to relocated the walls but only made it worse.. therefore I will leave it like this and add more details instead like the lanterns and bricks.


No comments:

Post a Comment